feature request. Inferencing

1657.9 In reply to 1657.5 
Hi isaac,

I'm not sure if maybe you have some snap settings turned off which may be preventing you from getting the things you want?

For some of the stuff you'll want Straight Snap enabled in the bottom toolbar, and if you want to be able to track in z make sure that you have not turned off Options / Snaps / Straight snap options / Vertical snapping.

> I can't seem to draw say a rectangle that is 24 inches tall
> exclusively in perspective view as easily as i can in application
> X using its inferencing mechanism.

In MoI you wouldn't normally use construction lines to do this - instead the rectangle tool has built into it "Width" and "Height" options that let you enter specific values there.

I mean it should be very straight-forward to get a rectangle 24 units tall - you just enter 24 for the Height option (command options show up in the upper-right corner of the screen) and that's pretty much it. If you want one coming vertically up off the plane in z, then use the "3 pts" variety of Rect which lets you orient the rectangle more freely, then use straight snap in z for the 3rd point.

Here's a quick demo:

Is that the kind of thing that you are asking about?

If not, I think I will need some images or something more to understand what you're trying to do that is not working well.

- Michael