feature request. Inferencing

1657.16 In reply to 1657.14 
Hi isaac,

> app x also has all those tools including construction lines...

Are you talking about SketchUp or something else?

SketchUp has something that it calls construction lines - they are not exactly the same thing as MoI's construction lines - as far as I can tell you can't create one while in the middle of drawing something, it is a special dedicated command/mode to do it which switches off drawing mode. Also you can only create one along an existing line direction, not between any 2 points. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Is just the term "construction line" bothering you?

In MoI a construction line is what you use for inferences - maybe it would help if you just considered everywhere you see the term "Construction line" in MoI to mean "inference" instead?

> Imagine drawing a full house in 3d view without using a single construction line...

That's like saying that you want to draw a full house without doing using any inferences.

The construction lines in MoI are what you use for inferences.

You just use one additional gesture to activate it - you move your mouse to the inference location just like you would in SketchUp, the only difference is to activate it you additionally click down and drag away - that's it.

It lets you do all the same things as inferences - just think of them as "gesture activated" inferences...

I have not checked out your vid yet, I will take a look now.

- Michael