Modelling question

1654.10 In reply to 1654.9 
Hi all
I couldn't readily find a place for this question so put under this thread about modelling.

Is it possible/sensible to make models in Moi for export to poser and Daz studio. When I posted this idea to the Daz discussion forum there were a couple of immediate objections

The first objection I received was form someone who said they had tried something similar with rhino and had failed because of problems with the exported mesh. The second objection was that my models would have too high a polygon count.

I don't think the first point is an issue as I have made things in Moi and imported them into Daz studio and most often there has been no problem. I would never the less like to know if there are problems with my idea that makes it a non starter.

With regard to the objection that the polygon count would be too high. Can anyone tell me if this is really going to be a problem? Is there a rule for the number of polygons that are acceptable in a model?

Your thoughts and expertise will be much appreciated.

Oh and in case your wondering why I just don't try it and see its because I was looking to collaborate with someone who has poser and who would be willing to make my models poser ready. I don't really want to have to buy and learn to use poser.

Incidentally I have been shocked to learn that many people don't like nurbs and would prefer to use vertex modellers. Being new to all this I though Moi was the future and everybody would want to make things quickly and easily. So I was very surprised to read that nurbs modelling was dead.
Keith