Gallery

1629.12 In reply to 1629.10 
Hi PaQ - re: Gallery quality selection ...

It's kind of a tough call - I mean one of the biggest focuses of MoI itself is to make it easy to do simple objects really quickly and without a lot of time spent learning the tool. So in a certain sense, having basic stuff in the gallery can kind of reflect this really key thing about MoI.

But yeah, on the other hand it is probably better for marketing purposes to have the most impressive and detailed stuff more prominently displayed.

What I had been thinking of originally was when I broke things into different categories, I would probably only assign the nicest things into a particular category but still just leave everything else up there in "Recent additions" or an "All" category.

That way some of the particular labeled categories like "Industrial Design" will be a showcase of particularly nice Industrial Design examples.

I think this kind of hybrid approach (with some special "showcase" categories) might give a blend of both informal stuff (which I personally really like to see, I would hate to eliminate those entirely) as well as making more refined stuff displayed more prominently to someone new who is just browsing the site for the first time.

re: rules - I don't really want to make a bunch of rules, I'm afraid that more rules may put people off from submitting stuff and I would rather have more submissions rather than a smaller amount of more strictly uniform things. But I did try to encourage submission of wire-frames and screenshots on the submission page.

- Michael