wavefront-export problems

1620.8 In reply to 1620.7 
Hi Dirk - can you please post a .3dm file and also the .obj file so I can take a look and make sure I am using the exact same data as you?

From the screenshot, it looks like those points are part of the refinement of the edge. They're probably added there to break down the edge into more pieces so that it fulfills the angle tolerance. If you want fewer of these points you could probably reduce them by lowering the angle tolerance (move the slider to the left).

One thing about the UV space - the way that MoI currently exports UV coordinates, each different surface has UVs that span the entire 0->1 UV space. So if you're looking at UVs, it is normal right now that you will see multiple polygons stacked on top of each other. Is that possibly what you are seeing there?

If not, one thing you may try is turning off "Weld vertices along edges" when you export from MoI - that will tend to produce a more simple structured OBJ file, if there is some problem in OBJ import then that may work around it.

But it is not very clear to me exactly what you have there - I will need to get the files to examine them here to understand.

- Michael