VM Ware fusion ???

1603.2 In reply to 1603.1 
Hi phlatt5th - Rhino uses OpenGL by default for its display, it seems that works better under VMWare, although it may possibly be using a software-only rendering mode instead of hardware accelerated, so you might watch out for that. (The software-only for OpenGL is mentioned here for a slightly different version of VM Ware).

MoI uses Direct3D - VM Ware says it has "experimental" support for that so it sounds like it is kind of a work in progress and may improve in future versions.

I found some release notes for VM Ware fusion here. In one section (under "Gaming with VMware Fusion") it says:
quote:

VMware Fusion now has experimental support for DirectX 9.0 3-D graphics (without shader support) to enable more Microsoft Windows 3-D applications and games to run. This will allow for many new games to run in VMware Fusion that could not be previously run. However, if a game requires shaders it may not run at all. Games that provide the ability to run without shaders can potentially run in VMware Fusion 1.1.

VMware Fusion does not support 3-D acceleration in Unity view. For 3-D applications, use Single Window or Full Screen view.

Note especially the last section. So I don't know how you set it up, but if you can find the settings for using "Single Window" or "Full Screen" view and run MoI in that mode instead of in "Unity" mode, it may have a better shot at working. If that helps, please let me know, others may be interested in that as well.

- Michael