Nurbs Patch Modelling

1596.6 In reply to 1596.5 
These are exactly the types of things that work a lot better in a SubD modeler.

MoI's toolset is just not currently oriented towards this kind of stuff.

I just generally expect that if you want to do this style of stuff you can currently do it using one of many currently existing subd modeling tools.

Because there are other tools out there that will do this already, it actually influenced me a lot to not really develop the toolset for this style of stuff especially early on in MoI's lifetime. Instead my strategy has been to develop a toolset (at least initially) that does the kinds of things that are really difficult to do in a subd modeling tool, like do a boolean cutting an object with a curve, stuff like that.

There are only 24 hours in the day, so it just isn't possible for me to develop all styles of toolsets, for all styles of modeling, all at a high level, all at the same time....

I think it may get there eventually, there is kind of a general trend towards having a unification between NURBS modeling and subd modeling. However they have a pretty different toolset between them, I'm still not sure how feasible it will be to combine both toolsets together in one place and still maintain a streamlined, easy to use tool overall, but it may be possible. I'll probably give it a try at some point later on, but for the more immediate future there is still a lot of stuff to be added to MoI's current industrial-oriented toolset.

- Michael