Can't live without it

1577.11 In reply to 1577.7 
Hi Steve,

> But this "Cant live without it", is only , for me, a lack of
> use/knowledge of other 3d programs.

Actually, most of the people that tell me about this type of feeling have spent a whole lot of time with other applications.

The big difference is that working in many applications is just that - work. It is just not common at all to have a kind of fluid, fast, and easy feeling when working with complex software. Instead it is just typical to get a feeling more like you are fighting with the software to make it do what you want.

Working in MoI gives a lot of people a really nice fluid feeling. It's not in any one single feature, it is a combination of dozens of things, like not having wasted space on the top of your window giving an open working feeling, seeing selection previews when you move nearby a curve or something you want to select, having quick access to construction lines but not having them pop up in your face too much, having a dedicated area for command options instead of popping dialog boxes up over top of your working area, etc..., etc...

It's the combination of all these little details all added together in one environment that gives many people a feeling like they are having fun when using MoI instead of doing drudgery.

Of course this kind of "experience" based stuff is not the same for every person, some people might not get that same kind of feeling. I can't guarantee that you will have fun, but a lot of people do.

But maybe that will help explain to you what other people are describing here.

- Michael