Villa ~ WIP

1572.40 In reply to 1572.39 
Thanks everyone
I think I understand most of what you have told me. This time last year I hadn't even bought the magazine with Bryce on the cover that led me to Daz, that led me to carrara, that led me to Moi and so on. I thought what a time saver! instead of searching flicker for images to composite into a painting I can just make the scene complete with lighting and paint straight from the render. I have only completed two painting since and that was when I managed to tear myself away from the PC. I was painting one every couple of weeks before.

I think when Daz say "Unleash the artist within" they mean "pose V4 with no clothes and a sword" not "Get obsessed with 3d and make things in Moi". The learning curve seems to be a vertical line sometimes so its great to have such a friendly forum and Michael's instant advice.

Thinking about it I have little trouble with the Moi side of things and can usually make whatever I want in a very short time, its when I start to use Carrara that the fight starts. If only someone would make texturing and lighting as easy as modeling in Moi.
Keith

Ps I knw this is a stupid question but where do I look for my license key?