Object frame progress

1571.81 In reply to 1571.80 
Hi Will,

> I'm not sure what you mean by "click and not drag"?

I mean just clicking on the corner grip instead of dragging it. That will flip the "scale origin mode" between using the center versus using the opposite corner. I think this will make more sense when you get a chance to use it.

> I'm not sure what this "click" is buying you here?

It'll do a similar job as pressing Alt in Fireworks, to switch between "scale from center" versus "scale from opposite corner".

It's just another one of those things where it lets you do something without having to touch the keyboard so you can eat BBQ ribs at the same time you are modeling. :)

> (That "click" is sorta sounding like that "ctrl-T" since you're doing
> something directly after selecting something - an extra step??)

It's kind of a setting that will stick after you set it once. So like if you want to do a bunch of corner-anchored scales, you just do one click to set it, and then every time that you drag on the corner widget after that it will scale from the opposite corner.

> I guess however the widget doesn't know initially if you're going to
> scale/stretch or rotate until you start your drag so the pivot has to be
> shown for initial placement (in the ultimate case of a rotation being
> performed...)

Actually, it does know if you're going to do a scale versus rotate, because there is a whole separate grip for doing the rotation, it's located in the middle of the top edge of the bounding frame.

But yeah, I don't really want to show the rotation pivot on the screen all the time, so I think it will be something that gets turned on if you click that rotation grip.

- Michael