Object frame progress

1571.75 In reply to 1571.74 
Hi Will,

> Yes, Michael, that's what I was talking about - setting the
> origin point is an important feature to me for a function
> like this.

I've seen some programs that let you define a rotation origin point, but setting a scaling origin point with the bounding box manipulator seems to be very uncommon.

For example, just doing some quick testing right now, it is not possible to do this in Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, CorelDraw12, Visio, or Xara.

I'll take a look at Fireworks though, and see how they handle it. I do notice that you mention a special activation key (ctrl-t?) - that might again put it into a category of a special manipulator mode and not something that comes up automatically just during selections. I'm trying to work on something here that comes up automatically just with selections, so I have to try and keep it a lot more streamlined, I can't really put a bunch of stuff on the screen like a dedicated transformation mode could do.

Right now I think that I will try to have some optional way to move the center for rotations, but probably not scaling since that is just not typically done with this kind of quick bounding box manipulators. But we'll see, maybe I can come up with something.

- Michael