Requesting Step-by-Step of how to get MoI supported files (e.g. EPS) to extrude.

1566.8 In reply to 1566.7 
Hi Brent, EPS files can be more difficult for MoI to read - to really do a fully proper job of reading them requires doing a full implementation of the Postscript programming language. MoI doesn't do that and instead just tries to grab out some of the most common things from them.

If you can use PDF or AI files instead of EPS, those tend to be more reliable because their content is narrowed down to a more set structure rather than just being potentially a bunch of Postscript program code which can be inside of EPS.

But if you can send me an example EPS file that does not work, I may be able to tune things up to handle it. You can e-mail that to me at moi@moi3d.com, but it would be nice if you could create an example smaller than 24 MB?

Also one other thing is that it is possible for an EPS (or PDF too) to contain within it pixel bitmap data instead of vector outline curves. MoI will only read vector curve data from these types of files.

- Michael