Can MoI Create Extrusions from sketches such as cartoons?

1560.7 In reply to 1560.4 
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your note, explanations and links. I will definitely look into your suggestions.

Some of my artworks include cutout shapes and forms and cutouts result in MoI such as you describe will probably do just fine. I'll also look into those other techniques you suggest with my regular cartoons. I understand there is no "one button solution." But that is alright, too much automation somehow takes away that personal touch and interaction.

Say, would you be able to refer any good 3-D printing resources? I have taken some of my CAD work (actually stuff created on MoI =) to rapid prototype places. This gets kind of expensive.

Like I said earlier. I really like MoI. I think this would be a wonderful program for upper elementary and above age students to create their own CAD files. The school I'm teaching at this year, does not have a functional computer room, however, I'm going to save up for a couple of computers for next year, if I stay at this school. Every other school I have ever worked has a computer room and I think that MoI would be perfect learning platform for younger folks. Such a thing would definitely make many new MoI fans for the future. Have you ever considered licensing MoI for school use?

- Brent

EDITED: 19 Apr 2008 by OCGEE