Spacenavigator modes

Hi,

I'm an old-time spaceball user; I bought a spacenavigator a while back, and I've been really delighted to use it in MoI -- it makes modeling a ton faster. That said, things seem to work a bit differently than I'm used to. With the spaceball, there were two modes of operation. One, which is what the spacenavigator currently seems to do, was viewport-relative -- the z-axis always zoomed in and out, and and the x and y-axis panned in the appropriate viewport-relative directions. The other mode was world-relative -- the z-axis would move up and down the global z-axis, etc. When working in the second mode, you could swap back and forth between moving the viewport and moving a part, giving you direct manipulation of objects. Although I'm retraining myself, a big part of my brain still really expects (and wants) the world and part-relative modes. I haven't looked at the spacenavigator APIs at all, but while it definitely looks like they're pushing viewport relative in their current docs, some of the older demos use world relative motion. Any chance of (eventually) getting support for the other two modes?

/Ella