Meshing Question - Trying to optimize my mesh.

1536.23 In reply to 1536.1 
Hi PaQ - getting back to your original question at the start of this thread, I have been taking a look at your unexpected result there and it does appear that the "Avoid smaller than" parameter is not working correctly.

It is making that odd result in the fillet because when it is kicking in due to one direction being smaller than that distance, it is deciding to do the subdivision in the direction that has the biggest angle to it, even if that direction was the one that was under the "avoid smaller than" distance. So that's why it divides more along that more tightly bent fillet direction.

It looks like it should have a pretty simple fix, if you send me an e-mail (moi@moi3d.com) I can send it to you.

However, even with this fixed it isn't really the best way to create a regular spaced mesh, really the best way to do that is as in Steve's example where you try to avoid a tight angular parameter and instead drive it primarily off of the "Divide larger than" distance.

The "Avoid smaller than" is really more intended to prevent heavy meshing of little tiny rounded features in a larger model. It can help avoid some subdivision, but driving it primarily in the other method tends to make a more evenly spaced starting mesh before any subdivision is attempted, which I think is what you are really looking for here?

- Michael