Another alternative UI

1521.27 In reply to 1521.26 
> but I cannot find a way to re-direct/show the options panel.
> Is there a way to do that?

Hi Steve, the key things for this are the <moi:CommandUIContainer> elements in the side pane.

The way that these currently work is that it really expects to only find one of these (of each type, command set and command UI) and the first one of these that is created will be remembered by the internal infrastructure as being the spot to funnel command option into.

It's not really expecting for that UI to come and go, so if you put it on a dialog and then close the dialog, the element on the closed dialog is still being targeted as the place to send the options into, which won't work very well because the dialog is not displayed and basically zombied at that point.

I think it would work if you removed it from where it currently is on the side pane, then I think it could go on a dialog as long as you didn't close that particular dialog after its initial display. Does that seem to work?

It would probably not be too difficult for me to tune this up in v2 to work a bit better and allow that to be closed and opened as a new instance later.

- Michael