3D "modeling from life" primer?

1507.4 In reply to 1507.1 
Hi angeliclight,

If you have a digital camera, you would be better to start with a simple object you have in the house. I know there are blueprints etc around the web, but these will not always show all the info needed, even photo`s available for download are limited to those views and can cause headaches.

As for "generic modeling", well I would agree that there are some rules, or should I say certain directions are better than others, but how one user may model is not always the same as the next, but both may well produce good models.

I have followed a number of tutorials, and yes, they do give good info, but I normally just take the good info, then use this with the way I already work with the application I am using.
I can understand you feeling a little lost at the moment on how to start, and we have all been there, but after a time, you will find your own way to model.

I have been using cad/cam for a long time (since autocad version 2), but I am still learning each day.

If you do find or take pics of a model, then post them here, we can then help each other, it would also be interesting to see how different users go about starting/creating.

- Steve