Booloean Problem Closed

1504.18 In reply to 1504.17 
> I thought the beta testers would of done most combinations.

Nope, that turned out not to be the case.

> Possibly 4, one in each view.

Nope, the way I test is more like drawing simple models through many steps, not just repeating one step over and over again from different views.

The method that I use tends to be more helpful for the "big picture" because it lets me test and experience the overall workflow of MoI.

It is funny that you would think I have never used or tested MoI, if you only knew the huge amount of time I have spent doing just that...

If I had an unlimited amount of time, I would be able to test each step of every model in every viewport like you want me to. But I'm limited to only 24 hours in a day.

> Yup, on the chess piece. I was having a number of problems
> attempting to boolean out sweep solids.

Why do you think these problems you found were the same as this bug?

You say you had a sweep instead of a sphere and a cylinder? And did your problem disappear when you saved and reloaded the model?

If you can post your model it would help me to determine if you hit this bug or some other one.

> But you say this is a problem with the library and not in your own
> code, so how could you fix this anyway?

I have the source code for the library and I can make fixes myself in certain circumstances (and have done so). But the more complicated a piece is (like fillets and booleans), the more difficult it is for me to do this instead of the library's authors.

Sometimes it is also possible for me to solve a problem by incorporating a workaround more directly into the code that calls the library instead of making you do it as an individual step yourself.

> So I have to be completely happy and not question, or take a refund and go away?

I welcome questions, and especially feedback and bug reports that help to improve the product. What I don't welcome is repeating the same answer about my release schedule 50 times.

It just seems like you are quite unhappy with the product (or is it all software in general?) - if that is the case I can give you a refund instead of prolonging your bad experience with it.

- Michael