Booloean Problem Closed

1504.13 In reply to 1504.12 
Hi Steve,

> did you not see that problem yourself?

Nope! When I previously wrote "Nope, not this particular one." I meant I had not seen this particular bug before, regardless of seeing it myself or reported by others.

> Do you not use MoI?

Yup, I use it a lot, especially to help people, you can just look through the forum to find like 50 models that I have worked on to help people with.

But unfortunately due to the nature of geometry, I have not been able to manually test every single combination of every single geometric shape combined together, there is just too much variation.

I'm not sure exactly what you expect for me to have done, I mean do you expect for me to have manually drawn every single possible rotational alignment between a cylinder and a sphere in my own testing?

After seeing this, I did a quick test myself and was not able to run into any problem with like 15 quickly drawn cylinder and sphere combinations that I drew.

The difference is that I tend to draw these in the 3D view, which as I mentioned arranges the seams in such a way that the problem does not happen. You have to pick between 2 different views to make it happen, like pick the center point in the top view and the radius point in the front view.

If you go to the 3D view and stay in that one view and pick both the center and radius point of the sphere there it won't happen.

I suspect that is why it hasn't been run across before, because that type of workflow is probably more common - I know it is for me anyway.

If it was a really common problem I would have expected to hear about it more frequently.

> Sorry, you say you can repeat this, but you need more info?

Yup, I would definitely like to know if you run across it more often.

In fact, I'm a bit confused - have you run into the problem at all on your own, or just when you experimented with the specific example?

Definitely the frequency and impact of a bug is an important factor for me, especially in a situation where I need to decide whether to mess with a stable release or not and possibly destabilize it.

During a beta release period it is a lot easier for me to slip in bug fixes more rapidly.... I think I've already explained this before.

If you are expecting to get an immediate service release for a released product on every single discovered bug, I'm sorry that is just not feasible.

If it causes data loss or a crash, or has a major impact on workflow or regular use, then I would place a much higher priority on distributing a fix for it.

So yes, the information about frequency is definitely an important factor for me to know about.

If you find yourself wasting time by being forced to work around this particular problem in the future, please let me know and it will help me to assign a higher priority to distributing a fix for it.

If you are unhappy with the quality of the product or with my release policy, then I can certainly refund your money if you would prefer to switch to a different product.

- Michael