Booloean Problem Closed

1504.11 In reply to 1504.10 
Hi Steve,

> On such a simple boolean, I am more surprised than anything
> that it had not been reported during beta, had it?

Nope, not this particular one.

The particular arrangement of overlapping edges is what tends to trigger it - if you draw things in different views, the seam of the sphere will be aligned differently and won't run across the bug. For example if you drew the sphere in the top or 3D view it doesn't happen.

It's somewhat more natural to draw this in the 3D view since it is easier to target the center osnap at the top of the cylinder there, so that's probably why it wasn't reported during the beta.

>>Please let me know if you run across this more frequently.

> It would depend if I starting looking.

I mean let me know if you run across it while trying to build other models, I can repeat this example over here as well.

If this bug starts to get in your way such that it impedes your progress or forces you to do workarounds several times a day, then that would definitely notch it up in priority.

If it forces you to do a workaround once a month, then it is not as high of a priority.

> Does the library get updated with bug fixes?

It does, I should be getting an update pretty soon that I will incorporate into the v2 beta so that it can be tested to see if any updates have caused new problems or not.

- Michael