Exporting from MoI to other 3D programs

1465.3 In reply to 1465.1 
Hi Alpha, yes that's correct that MoI does not generate rendered images right now, you do need to export to a different program to do that.

To export your data, you just need to do a "Save As" and pick a file format that Maya supports. You can see the different choices listed in the dropdown at the bottom of the Save As file name dialog, it is under the thing listed "Save as type:".

I think there are several different formats that should work - I would recommend trying OBJ format.

It should also be possible to transfer the smooth surface patches directly by using IGES format, you could give that a try if you have difficulties with OBJ format.

If you just want to get a very basic image of the screen and print that, you can do that by pressing the "Print screen" key on your keyboard which will take a snapshot of the screen and put it as a bitmap on the clipboard. Then you can go to an image processing program (windows paintbrush will do if you don't have any other), and paste in there and then print. That's another option.

- Michael

[ edit: I see Brian beat me to the reply! :) ]