windmill wing how to

1434.8 In reply to 1434.7 
Hi Chuck, from what I understand here is the best that I can recommend for a step-by-step:

If you have a set of ellipses like this:

Select them all:

Then run Construct / Loft to create a surface through them.

If you are getting something substantially different from what I show above, it would really help if you could post your .3dm model file so I could see what might be going on in your particular case.

One thing is that if you are selecting the ellipses by clicking on them, make sure to click on them in the sequence that you want them lofted in. Like for example don't click on the middle one first, then a couple on one side, then a couple on the other side, instead click on them from left to right order so that when they are lofted in that order you will get a proper result.

If you select them with an area select (by clicking off to the side in empty space and dragging a selection rectangle), or by something like Select All, then MoI will do an automatic sort of them. If your curves are all at odd angles to one another the automatic sort may not work completely right and you may need to select them by individual clicks instead in that case.

- Michael