MOI + Silo = good total modeling solution?

1423.8 In reply to 1423.6 
Hi Michael,

This is interesting because I too have been pondering these same kind of questions?

I bought Silo awhile ago because it was supposed to be very easy to learn.
I'm sure that it is "if" you're used to doing SubD modeling, but I'm still unable to grasp the workflow & how to use it properly.
I think part of my "SubD learning problem" is because I've started out into CAD & 3D by learning with MoI & Rhino.
And because MoI is so straight forward, intuitive & easy to use, I found Silo tends to remind me of using Rhino, lots of Keyboard & Mouse clicks to do anything!
Wish there was a SubD program that worked just like MoI does!

In my CAD-3D-SubD ignorance I'd just assumed it'd be easy to somehow combine any MoI NURBS items with Silo made items.
This might well be true for those with more experience, but being so new to all of this, I still haven't managed to combine or produce anything as yet.

As a Jeweller, most of my work was hand carving designs in wax for casting into precious metal.
Here's some examples in wax of what I've previously hand carved.

My main aim now is to be able to produce similar designs, but by using just CAD/CAM.
Obviously these designs consist of both organic & geometric forms combined into one item.
The organic being the head or face section & the geometric being the accurate band dimensions & ring size.

I'm guessing that my answer is to just keep persevering with the learning of Silo & SubD?
So can anyone with experience in combining both MoI & Silo models together into one offer me some detailed advice on how's the best way go about it?

regards Colin