editing geometry

1337.9 In reply to 1337.8 
> maybe better than nothing?

It's hard to say - if it gave a "false positive", like a warning where there was no actual problem, then it could be confusing.

I would definitely like to look into it in the future - but it's one of those things that will need some time and experimentation.

Too many of these things and you can get an information overload without it being obvious what the warning is really trying to convey.

> The red square. Does this show up (have never seen) when ends are only
> alligned in one direction?

Nope, it shows up when you have control points stacked up in the exact same location.

So for example if I start with this curve, with this reference point above it:

If I drag 3 of the curve's control points over to that same location so they are all stacked up on top of each other, you will see the red square show up:

It's good that you don't see it often, because curves that are structured like this with several points stacked up right on top of one another will cause many problems later on.

> ( In any case,is that any different from the red dots principle?)

The big difference is that it is triggered by a more precise condition of points being stacked right on top of each other.

A "show something if they are close together" type method is much less precisely specified, making it more likely to be triggered as a false positive.

- Michael