Final rendering

1267.30 In reply to 1267.28 
Hi Ed.
The tutorial that Michael sent me on making the Audi TT was pretty good. I learned a lot about lofting and sweeping.

If I was going to make another I would have paid much more attention to lining up the centre of the car on one of the grid lines as I eventually mirrored one side of the car to form the other. As it is much easiser to make the hood in one piece than to make two halfs the centerline is critical.

The other thing that turned out to be of major importance was getting the shared points and curbs spot on. Its very easy to fail to join objects along their edges. The 3d view is good for this as its not always to align in the three planes at once in any other view.

You will find that its difficult (possibly impossible) to make some of the surfaces in the way that Rhino does. I found that I had to lean to use the trim tool to cut lines in such a way that it was possible to male sweeps and lofts that were not in the Rhino instructions.

I still don't fully understand how to use the sweep, loft and area tools properly but can get by. It is entirely possible that there would be more efficient ways of using them and in making the same car. If you want any help I do what I can. You can post here or contact me off the forum if you prefer.

Hope some of this helps.
Keith