Array on curve : any workaround

126.5 In reply to 126.4 
> Arc is certainly easy - freeform curve is more difficult but still doable. I think I should be able to add these for the next beta.

Great !!!

> But let me ask you - from your hobbyist point of view, what do you think is the breaking point where something becomes too expensive and out of reach?

Very good and interesting question ! ;-)
This can lead to a long debate but let me deliver just a few considerations...

First, the "breaking point" is certainly very different from one individual to another. I don't think there's really some need to comment a lot on this ! ;-)

- Price is (of course) very important but not the only criteria. (BTW sometimes, additionnal taxes and VAT are requested for european customers that make the software more expensive here than in the US. Also the exchange rate USD/EUR can be advantageous or disadvantageous for us)
If MoI contains (say) 10% of the functions of Software Rh... and you sell it 50% of the price of Rh... then as a consumer I will probably consider that there's more value for money in the other software and go for it.
- Not only the original price but also the upgrade/update path is important. Some companies release a new version every 12 or 18 months and the upgrade price is quite high (50-60 % of the ordinary price). For others, new releases are more spaced in time and there are free or low cost updates between major releases (not just bug fixes, but new functions as well). On the long run the second option is much more attractive of course (well, at least for the user).
- As a hobbyist, FUN is certainly very important. Ease of use, good documentation and/or support (from the company or the community).
- Stability is a must. And I must feel at ease with the interface. I just can not use certain applications because I don't like the UI although some other people can create magnificent things with them.
So I will not say that I have a limit placed to a certain amount. Deciding if I buy or not is more a combination of various criteria.

Hope you can already find food for thought here and that other users of the beta will add their comments in this topic...

Schbeurd