Sketchup exchange

1244.26 In reply to 1244.24 
>>xrok1 wrote : "I to am against polys and hope they never creep into Moi, my preference is Solidworks, i just like Sketchups workflow, the fact that it uses polys its probably its biggest flaw. the biggest reason i like to go into Sketchup is for the plugins, specially Indigo. So to clear things up what i was asking for was Sketchup type work-flow not polys"

I think there is nothing wrong with having a minimal set of poly tools in Moi. For example, if you are going to boolean some very heavily detailed objects together, it should be faster to do with Mesh Booleans than with Nurbs (at least this is normally true in Rhino). If you don't need to run fillets along the intersections, meshes can be very practical. Also Moi should be able to handle some minor inspection and editing of it's own meshed objects, so you don't need to depend on a 3rd program between Moi and your RP, CAM, or whatever. I agree that poly modeling tools would be a waste of time to develop, but having the ability to find and correct problems is a must...

>>xrok1 wrote : "BTW, I believe Amapi is discontinued, or at very least stalled."

Not to mention highly unstable... :)

jonah