Sketchup exchange

1244.11 In reply to 1244.10 
Thanks for the consideration Michael, i definatly think this type of feature would sell alot of software for you (not to say that it won't sell great now). for now i have played a little to see if i could accomplish this functionality for myself somehow. here's what i've come up with: cube; draw line or other shape on side; boolean union if extrusion is inward and not touching existing edge or extrusion is outward; boolean difference if extrusion is inward and touching existing edge.

this gives me the results i want and is a lot more flexible than SK. now if i reverse my thought process, create in Moi then export to SK via .obj; which by the way Moi does a wonderful job with n-gons; i found my excuse, i'm happy again!

i think this is a problem not with Moi but with the workflow i'm used to. that being said if i could streamline this (draw; trim; extrude; boolean) process with a script or different workflow please let me know. i'd be happy with just being able to preselect a face and when i draw on it it automatically trims.;-)

your happy customer, xrok1