Perfect for CNC Work

I want to start off by saying this software is phenomenal! We own just about every 3D and cad/cam package out there including 3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, ArtCam Pro and many others and this has the best and most intuitive interface of any modeler I've seen. I downloaded the software a couple of days ago and finally had the time to install it and play with it today. Within 15 minutes, I felt comfortable with the interface and it took me only a few minutes to make a nice little gear for a logo we're working on.

After exporting as an obj file, I imported it into Strata and did some sample renderings.

When I was satisfied, I exported it from MoI as an stl file which I then imported into Vectric Cut3D.

I generated toolpaths for our CNC router from Cut3D and cut the gear out of a piece of Corian.

So from the first time I touched the program after the first install, I had a finished part in my hand in under 2 hours, not bad!

I've attached screen shots of the software involved in the process as well as a picture of the finished part.

Great job on this software Michael, you've got a tiger by the tail!

- Patrick

EDITED: 4 Jan 2008 by THEMEPARTS