New Dec-28 beta now available

Everything is just about finished, this will probably be the last beta.

Mostly it's just some small tune ups and bug fixes, but I wanted to get it out so it could get some exposure before the final version.

I'm going to be out on vacation until Jan 7th, I think the final 1.0 launch will be about a week after I return.

Stuff for the new beta:

New program icon

Improved texture management for image backgrounds - very large images will be automatically limited in size to avoid consumign too much video memory.

Fixed a couple of bugs with Network that was causing it to fail in some circumstances.

Updated extrusion / projection direction for lines that are on a world axis. This will now pay attention to the last viewport that was clicked. So for instance if you want to cut an object by a line that is running along the world x axis, if you select the line as a cutting object in the front viewport, it will cut perpendicular to the front view, and if you select it in the top viewport, it will cut in the world z direction.

You can now hold down shift+control when selecting to make the initial click ignored and force a window type selection instead. This can help when there is no empty space available to click in to start window selection, particularly when you want to window select surface points.

Fixed a problem where filleting internal corners of a curve where the fillets would not pass over any adjacent segments even if they were smooth.

Fixed a bug where UV coordinates were not being created properly when the new centroid-type triangulation was being used.

Updated AI reader to handle some additional kinds of .eps files

- Michael