Background Images

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I'd like to say that I think MoI is a very clever piece of software. It's the first genuinely intuitive piece of 3D software I've tried in a long time. I've only ever polygon modeled because none ot the nurbs implementations I've tried have been to my liking (in other words, I couldn't work out how to use them!) I'm going to test MoI out now on a proper project but I have a question.

I'm going to model a boat. In my current modeler (truespace) I use flat plane polygons to hold my plans, which include top, side and section views through the hull. I paste the plans onto these as textures and then align/rotate the polygons as required. The planes themselves are sized to be exactly the same size as the images pasted onto them, ie. a plan of 1024 * 256 goes on a polygon which is 1024 * 256 units in size. I realise MoI has the background images feature (very elegantly handled too) but I can't work out how to accurately align my plans in the various views. Basically I need to do something like what is in the attached truespace screen capture.

Many thanks for any advice you can give.

Mark
http://www.homepages.ihug.com.au/~mabrown/index.html
Attachments: