canopy fuselage and general workflow stuff

Hi!

Thanks, Michael, for your detailed reply. I am getting much better results now. I have a pretty good fillet now that I will go with. I think I read that you might include a variable radius fillet in v. 2, which I think would be perfect for this sort of shape--the front of the canopy is a sort of loose "S" shape, while the sides are fairly tight. I did have a chance to try this with Rhino's VariableFilletSrf, but I ended up having to slice the shapes and mirror and was left with a visible seam and some grunge I had to trim off. So I will stick with MoI's cleaner fillet and wait for v. 2. From what you've done so far, I am sure it will exceed Rhino's commands in the same ways MoI currently does.

Thanks also to you, Steve. That's a great Flying Fortress. As you can see from my attachment, I am working on an old Buck Rogers rocket that I haven't seen modeled before. However, since I will eventually add a lot more detail than I have in my reference image, I found a ton of B-17 reference images for inspiration. So it's neat to see that plane in particular. I will be doing a ball turret for my rocketship shortly, too. :)

I think I see pilots in your B-17. Am I to understand that you just float them inside the plane and they are visible by virtue of the transparent material you applied to the window area, or did you "carve out" (Boolean or shell) your cockpit area?

Anyway, thanks a lot!
Attachments: