please help

1175.9 In reply to 1175.8 
Hi Michael,

<Hi Colin, I think I like your way better.>

The basic idea for doing a ring this way came from one of the guys on the 3dcadjewelry Forum.
This was his suggestion on how to make a Signet ring or School ring really simply.
I just figured I could use the same method to construct a ring similar to the photo.

<When you create the cutting pieces from the right-side view, it is ok if they are not closed, they can be open as long as their profiles cross the whole object and appear to fully divide it into 2 pieces.>

He's using Rhino, so I think that you might need to create a closed curve for it to work correctly in Rhino?
So I just started using the same basic construction method in MoI & it worked great, so never thought of doing it using an open curve?

<You can also skip the extrusion of the circle - just select the circle curve as the cutting object in the Boolean difference. The boolean will do the equivalent of Extrude with "both sides" for you automatically.>

Ahh!, Great Tip!! I've been so used to doing it the Extrude way that hadn't even thought of doing it like that?

regards Colin