Custom Interface

1173.2 In reply to 1173.1 
Hi lorem, I'm glad that you are having fun tweaking the UI to your preferences!

It looks like you've figured out quite a lot of stuff already.

> - I can't achieve to split of menu blocks (I would like to see all the commands in
> the same time : solid, curves, etc...) . As you can see, I have been able to duplicate
> the solid menu....that's all... do you have ideas ?

Check out this thread: http://moi3d.com/forum/index.php?webtag=MOI&msg=844.1 - I tried to give some instructions in there and there are a couple of SidePane.htm versions posted in there that have separated menus.

Basically each different tab inside of a <moi:PaletteHeader> corresponds to one table inside of the <moi:PaletteBody> . To create a new section, you create a new <moi:PaletteHeader> and <moi:PaletteBody> combination, and then move the TabButton from the old header and the content table from the old body over to the new header and body, and that should separate them.

Let me know if you still are stuck with this part and I can help you some more.

> - do you have a graphic file (psd) with all icons and images . If you agree to share
> it, it could speed my work...

You mean everything all in one big file? Sorry I don't have anything like that - everything was developed as individual images.

> - is there a way to make lines thiner

Inside the 3D view? Sorry, not right now - one side effect of the anti-aliased curve display is it makes it harder to get really thin lines. At some point in the future I should be able to add a switch to turn off the anti-aliasing and use just regular thin (but jagged) lines.

> - is there a way to increase the transparency of models ?

There isn't any way to make surfaces transparent - I would like to work on that in the future. You can adjust the opacity of the hidden lines though which may be useful. To do that, closed MoI down and then edit the moi.ini file found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\ [Your login name] \Application Data\Moi\moi.ini, and under [Hidden lines], you can adjust:
[Hidden lines]
HiddenLineOpacity=34

This can range from 0 (fully transparent) to 255 (hidden lines drawn fully opaque). You can also tweak the HiddenLineStyle= to be either Solid, Dashed, Dotted, or Long Dashed, although since they are small in size I think dashed and dotted might be the same in that case.

> - I don't fiond the way to change view (from top to right,left, etc.) without going full screen...

I think I need some more description of this one - if you're not full screen you are in the split view, so you should see the Top and right view at the same time there.

Do you mean to reverse the direction of a view (like Top switching to Bottom) without making the Top viewport take up the full screen? I think that should work by this:
code:
script:moi.ui.mainWindow.viewpanel.reverseView('Top');

But I didn't test it right now - let me know if that doesn't work.

> - I'm looking for a script to hide geometry by type (curves, solids) and reverse
> thing , like : hide/show all object switch....

Check out here: http://moi3d.com/1.0/docs/moi_command_reference10.htm#shortcutkeys
for some of these - like hide all curves and hide all surfaces are listed in there.

Petr's page: http://kyticka.webzdarma.cz/3d/moi/ also has some stuff listed, look under the Hiding section.

If you need something different than what is on either of those pages, let me know.

- Michael