Custom Interface

1173.18 In reply to 1173.13 
> PS : Michael, your work is brilliant...Ui is so simple to custom (with few skills of css/xml) .
> It is a real pleasure to tweak all the options, keys, scripts.... ;)
> It makes me feel like I'm still a programmer !!
> lol

Thanks lorem, I'm glad that you are enjoying it! :)

Basically I developed this kind of flexible infrastructure first before really digging in to designing the main program UI.

Making it easy to make changes and experiment with different UIs was really important to me. It let me try many different approaches and tweak things in various ways easily before arriving at the current UI.

Some people in the past have asked why I didn't use a cross-platform UI toolkit like Qt when developing MoI. The above is the reason why - I just would not have really been able to arrive at the current UI with a toolkit that is less flexible and more dependent on being defined by C++ code instead of markup with layout capabilities (text wrapping, etc..). I just would not have been able to go through as many design cycles and experiment as freely.

As an added bonus, the same flexibility that enabled me to develop the current UI is also still present for you to change it to your own preferences!

- Michael