MoI installing??

1170.3 In reply to 1170.2 
Mike you wrote:

It is possible to install both Windows and Debian on your machine as a "dual boot" type system - that will allow you to pick which operating system to run when you first turn on the machine. You can then reboot the machine when you want to switch from one to the other.

Your machine may not have a 3D-enabled video card currently installed in it, that is possibly another thing you might need to add to your machine before it will be capable of running MoI.

Hope this helps!

Hi Mike - Have a Ati Radeon 9520 & a Nvidia Ge Force card (not sure if its 2 - 4 MX or FX Series) as I haven't installed it yet. The PC will have two HDs one for installing Windows & the other HD for Linux only. Can you tell me if Moi will run using Windows 98SE? 98SE is a later edition of the earlier 98. Second Edition.

Dual boot with separate HD's may be less problematic. Just a thought!

In the process of building the PC to run Moi CAD software, using Windows to run Moi. Will the design be able to be given g-codes, etc. so that I can copy these files to my Linux EMC and have the design produced?? Something like that??

One PC for running Moi Cad the other PC just for the Linux EMC to run the Mill using the CAM part. Does that sound like a workable solution?

Have downloaded the Moi Beta & if I can get my PC set up looking forwarding to what Moi has to offer. Sounds great.

Thank you!

Pete