Report : bugs & another abnormal features

1144.11 In reply to 1144.10 
Hi Lish,

> Great ! I will looking forward when the geometry library work fine.
> Please let us know...when its ready.

I will! But please realize that I am talking about a time period of years from now, not soon.

> In my opinion, in many cases of create a 3D model MoI is easy of use
> rather than another CAD software.

Yes - that's one of the major features of MoI!

But one of the things that makes this possible is not having a bunch of specialized features, like sheet metal design for example.

> I just hope MoI can be one of solution because easy to use and very affordable.
> The price of a complex 3D CAD software likes Pro....& SW....can be $5XXX up
> to $10XXX or more....

Of course I can understand that $5,000 - $10,000 is a lot of money to spend, so it is natural to want MoI to perform all the same functions for just $195.

But that is not what MoI is about - MoI is much more about doing simple models quickly and easily.

The type of modeling that you were mentioning - final models for plastic covers for TVs, Laptops, Washing machines, and sheet metal parts are just not in this area of "simple models".

You could do some simple concept designs of such things in MoI, but tools like SolidWorks, etc... will have a lot of specialized tools for manufacturing details like ribs, etc... MoI will not have that type of thing anytime soon, it is not really the direction that I think that MoI is heading towards.

MoI makes more sense to be used in the early stage concept designs for such complicated things, not for final manufacturing production.

If you go to the main MoI web page, you can see that I've tried to describe MoI as "3D Modeling for Designers and Artists", not "3D Modeling for Engineers and Manufacturing".

There is some cross-over since as a NURBS modeler MoI is able to create CAD data that can be sent to manufacturing systems, but it is not something that you would use as a full replacement for such systems except if you have pretty modest requirements.

You might want to look at Alibre - they are focused more on this kind of mission of a reduced-cost type SolidWorks.

- Michael