Viewport speed up

1132.4 In reply to 1132.1 
Hi Andras, that's a great model!

> Yes, I know that I can set up the Mesh Angle in the options

Also don't forget to uncheck "Add details to inflections". Over here when I set Mesh angle to 20, and uncheck "Add details to inflections", it speeds up the screen redraw by 4 times and it then works smoothly even on my pretty modest system with a Radeon 9600 graphics card. Taking off "Add details to inflections" actually has the biggest effect.

For version 1.0, that's what you will have to do to make scenes like this run faster.

The difficulty here is having stuff of varying scales all at once, like you've got the outside of the house and then all the way down to little tiny fillets on the oven knobs.

For version 1.0 MoI is not optimized to handle this kind of situation. There are some things I can to do improve this in the future, like not drawing objects that are so small they are only a couple of pixels in size on the screen.

Also it seems that "Add details to inflections" is causing an overly dense mesh in some part of your model, if I can stop that from going overboard that would also be a big help.

But I won't be able to focus on these improvements until after version 1.0. When I do get time to work on them, the model that you sent will be a big help as a test case so thank you very much for sending it to me!

- Michael