New six-legged pod video tutorial available.

Hi all,

As MoI's interface is so elegantly designed and its tools so easy to understand, I think that basic tutorials with regular geometric objects are not really needed.

On the contrary, what would be really useful (especially if one is only used to polygons programs), are tutorials which would show the making of a real object, from A to Z, without skipping any steps, to learn how to planify and to finish a complete NURBS model.

This is also the problem of most software manuals: they are usually just commenting the tools, with loads of useless or obvious blabla ("the move tool is used to move" etc...), instead of showing the tools in action, by making and finishing a complete project. The other big problem is when a tutorial is made by a very proficient guy, who just skips the steps which are evident to him, but which let the noob in the dark and stop him to progress further.

I insist also on the fact that a complete tutorial is so much better than to have many little tuts, because it helps a lot to see the "big picture", instead of learning like trying to make a puzzle with tons of lonely informations.

For me, the best example of the way a tut should be done is the Polikarpov I-16 tutorial, made by a simple but very teaching-able XSI user:

http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php?board=29;action=display;threadid=29275

All steps are, in this tut, perfectly described, from the blueprints setting to the details modeling of the aircraft. With also many informations, seen "live", on how to planify a poly model.

So, to say the truth, what would be really useful, at least for me, would be a Polikarpov I-16 NURBS model tut made with MoI :-)))