My ideal MoI release

1085.2 In reply to 1085.1 
Hi JTB, well I think it should get at least partway there for version 2.

> 1. Today's simple UI

This is definitely a big priority.

> 2. Full 2D capabilities (dimensions etc)

This will probably come in some stages. I'm not exactly sure how long this will take, it may end up that v2 will have some basic dimensions added but not quite a "Full" set of functionality yet.

> 3. Full object selection, grouping, etc... capabilities. Also visibility control.

This is definitely another big priority for V2.

> 4. Complete API for plugin development... Not by me, but a Maxwell plugin would be great.

This one is unfortunately very time consuming, it is not likely to happen for v2, but it will happen eventually.

> 5. Transformation and history methods using MAX's modifier stack or similar so that we loose nothing.

I would like to make some progress on deeper history functionality for v2. But it is also a relatively difficult area of work (potentially dealing with a lot of data), so it is hard for me to know exactly how it will turn out beforehand.

These are just the best that I can answer right now, I don't have an exact detailed plan or firm schedule. If some things end up taking a really long amount of time to work on they may have to be postponed until later. But I would like to make good progress in these areas.

Generally I'd say that your expectations are pretty well right in line with the kinds of improvements that I want to make to the software though!

- Michael