My most recent work in MOI...

1072.2 In reply to 1072.1 
Thanks Tommy, I'm glad that you are enjoying using MoI!

I really like your puzzle sculpture piece. That was a cool choice to have the interior sort of velvety like that.

re: Seams when rendering, and different point counts between fillets and surfaces - if possible could you please post a sort of minimal example of these, that would help me understand the problem (especially if you can include a not too complicated .3dm model file).

> but I often wonder why the number of subdivisions between a surface and a fillet is so
> different, even for simple transitions where it "should" be possible to have the same
> pointcount on the fillet and the surface.

Often times the fillet and the surface can have fairly different internal structures to them. Things like the UV parameter space of each one can be spaced differently, and that has an effect on breaking up the surface into smaller pieces during subdivision.

I have some ideas on possible ways to improve this in the future, but it is a pretty difficult area of work. Having some examples definitely helps me to better visualize the problem and then also test solutions.

- Michael