Save image from MOI

1049.5 In reply to 1049.1 
Hi Alberto, I have added something to allow for creating images larger than the regular window size.

To use it you have to set up a keyboard shortcut to take the larger snapshot. Go to Options / Shortcut keys, and add in a new entry. For the Key put in whatever you want, like "P". Then for the command copy the following and paste it in:

code:
script:var v = moi.ui.getActiveViewport(); if ( v != null ) { moi.view.lineWidth = 4; v.renderToClipboard( 2560, 2560 ); moi.view.lineWidth = 1; }

Now when you push P MoI will place a 2560x2560 image on the clipboard and you can paste it into an image processing program.

You can possibly adjust this to higher as well, but whether it works or not depends on your video card. If you have a video card with a lot of memory on it (like 256MB+), then it is more likely that you can go higher than that. Some video cards may not be able to handle anything larger than the screen properly.

That script also adjusts the line width to be bigger just for that snapshot, since otherwise the lines will look rather small and faint in proportion to the larger image size. You can change that line width value to get different styles.

I hope this helps for your printout, please let me know if you see any problems.

- Michael

(edit: removed reference to old patch install, this is not needed with versions newer than the Sep 2007 beta release).

EDITED: 26 Feb 2008 by MICHAEL GIBSON