Construction line script

1029.32 In reply to 1029.31 
Hi Guy,

quote:
By "calling a plug-in" and "to set up a shortcut key for the plug-in" do you mean than, for instance with your "ConstructionLin3.zip" script, we just have to put both the .htm and .js in the MoI "./commands" directory and then "ConstructionLine.js" and "ConstructionLine.htm" are seen like plug-in by MoI and can just to be called by their root name - as "ConstructionLine" - just written as this in the "Command" section of one new shortcut created in the Shortcuts key section of the options ?
Yup, that's correct!

quote:
Or do we have to do anything else ?
Nope!

quote:
In fact of course I have tried what I supposed above, and I found that if I choose "L" as shortcut key for instance, when I press "L" a panel "Drag to create construction lines" appears with "clear", "done" and "cancel" buttons which are quite simple to understand, but maybe I have missed something ?
Nope, you haven't missed anything - when you see that it means you have successfully installed and then launched the plug-in, so you're all up and running and all set.

quote:
So I suggest you to put something like that after "Scripting" title on the "Resources" page of the MoI website just to avoid many questions :
Usually I include those instructions in every forum post where I am introducing a new plug-in. Every once in a while when I'm talking to someone who has already done it a bunch before I may forget to include the instructions, sorry about that!

I definitely want to improve the entire plug-in system to make it easier to browse a central repository of plugins and just push a button or something to install one and also have some list of them displayed in the UI.

- Michael