Snap override suggestion

1007.11 In reply to 1007.10 
Hi Marc,

> I imagine I can use the freeform tool more than I do presently,

You mean for tracing an outline? Yes, that's probably generally your best bet. After a bit of practice you can get more used to how it works, you'll kind of place your points slightly to the outside of the thing you're tracing so that the actual curve that is sort of shrunken down a bit from those points will go along the trace line.

One thing that is good about that is that it makes it easier to create a single long very smooth piece. If you trace with arcs, you'll tend to get stuff that is split into more segments and you'll generally only get tangent smoothness instead of a higher degree of smoothness...

> I used to work quite a lot with Autocad in a previous life, so I thought tangent
> operated in a similar fashion while constructing circles.

It's been quite a while since I have messed around with Autocad, so I don't quite remember how that works. Was this one of the things that got handled specially if you typed in "tan" before picking the first point?

One thing that is a little different with MoI is that MoI only has the equivalent of a "running object snap", it doesn't really have any concept of a single-shot special object snap like that.

But I may be able to improve this in the future to work more like you expect.

This is one of those things that alters the location of the earlier picked points to true them up to tangent locations, is that right?

- Michael