V4 beta Aug-28-2018 available now

9044.9 In reply to 9044.1 
Hello Michael!

How are you? I hope fine.

Thanks for this new improved beta.

After downloading I did just a very quick loading test with a middle size 3dm file.
Unfortunately I have first uninstalled the previous beta, so I can't compare the new results with older one, but this new beta it's significantly faster than the original 3.0!

Also the display engine seems to be much more fast and fluid than version 3.0

My config: i7-7700K 4.5Ghz with (only) 4 cores, 32GbRam 3000Mhz, Nvidia Gtx 1080 Ti overclocked.

The 3dm file I have used for the test: about 196MB
You can download it at: https://grabcad.com/library/ngoc-mai-tug-boat-1

And these are the results of my loading test:

Moi version 3.0 :
Mesh angle set to 10.0: loading time about 26 secs
Mesh angle set to 5.0: loading time about 39 secs (total memory occupied by Moi: 2.5 Gb), rotation of the maximized 3d viewport is pretty slow

Moi version 3.0 :
Mesh angle set to 10.0: loading time about 7 secs
Mesh angle set to 5.0: loading time about 11.5 secs (total memory occupied by Moi: 2.51 Gb), rotation of the maximized 3d viewport is MUCH MUCH MORE FASTER!!

VERY WELL!!!!

Now I hope to see a new antialiasing routine for the meshes rendered into the viewports (not for the curves or the edges but for the boundaries of the surfaces, that are still very jagged). I think that leveraging on the GPU power we should not have bad performance.

And...before you ask :), changing the antialising settings with the Control Panel of the GPU doesn't lead to no improvements.

Thank you very much!

- Marco (mkdm)
My Procreate portfolio