V4 beta Feb-9-2018 available now

8814.61 In reply to 8814.1 
Ciao Michael!

I have done another benchmark to compare V3 and V4 in the hope that it can be useful for you :)

This time I've used the "pipe" command on a bunch of half-circle replicated 572 times around 4 sphere of 100 mm diameter each.
The "pipe" was 1 mm of radius.

I have selected all the curves and fired the "pipe" command in one shot both in V3 and V4

My config is :

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
i7-7700K 4.5 Ghz
32 Gb DDR4 Ram 3000 Mhz
Nvidia Gtx 1080 Ti (11 Gb GDDR5X Ram and 3600 cuda cores)
Moi installed on Samsung EVO M.2 NVME SSD

Settings on both Moi V3 and V4 : Mesh Angle to 5 with Add details to inflections

These are the results :

FIRST TEST IN V3
-------------------

TOTAL TIME : 1 MIN E 30 SECS

TOTAL MEMORY ALLOCATED : 1.609 MB

SECOND TEST IN V4
-------------------

TIME : 28 SECS !!!

TOTAL MEMORY ALLOCATED : 1.786 MB

This is the final scene :

CONCLUSIONS
--------------------

V4 was 3.21 times faster than V3 !!!

But...there's one thing that doesn't convince me...

You can see it in this video : http://take.ms/ezQw8

I know that some times ago you told us that now V4 has a different internal mechanism to running scripts/commands.
They're executed into the MAIN thread, the same thread that handle the UI.

Now, this is perfect with regard to the speed, but now I can't have any control after the command has launched.
If the command, like the case of my benchmark, takes a certain amount of time, Moi freezes and I cannot stop the execution of the command.

Some times ago I didn't able to stop a custom command, I don't remember which, that during the execution has encountered a problem,
but I had to do a force close of Moi, and I've lost the entire work because I didn't save.

What I want to say is that is perfect to have a better speed, perfect, but given that now we can't do anything to stop the execution of a script/command that takes too long, we can only do a force close of Moi.

My requests are :

1) Is it possible to have the chance to decide in which way we want to fire a command/script : old way, with total control of the UI, new way as it is actually in V4 ?

2) If the first request if not feasible, could you give Moi the feature of "recover" the last work when we have to do a force close ?

Thanks a lot for support.

I stay tuned.

- Marco (mkdm)