V4 beta Feb-9-2018 available now

8814.26 In reply to 8814.13 
Hi Michael,

I may have found a bug. When using rotate (right click) with a framing model for a house, MoI 4 beta, the system hesitates frequently. Sometimes it takes up to 30 seconds to recover and at times reverts to a previous view. It is a fairly large file but not huge by any means. A couple of times it killed MoI and I had to start it up again.

This does not happen with Rhino using the same model (and various view styles) and it does not happen with my laptop (a considerably less powerful machine). I also ran this model on a client's All in One older Acer Aspire with no problem

My main system is Windows 10, i7 with 16 GB ram and an Nvidea 1060 with 6GB. It has the latest drivers. My Displaythread limit =1

After a lot of repetitive testing I have come to the conclusion that this may be a conflict between Nvidea and MoI 4. I have had this video card for a couple of months and did not experience this problem. This model currently does not have any problems with MoI Ver 3.

MoI is my favorite modeler and I use it for nearly everything by choice and switch to Rhino for annotation and dimensions as well as Octane for Rhino, so I am finding this problem a little disconcerting.

Cheers,
eric