V4 beta Dec-12-2017 available now

8731.31 In reply to 8731.28 
Hi Ralf,

> I was thinking its some new implementation which accesses the old commands...

Well, there is indeed some new stuff that can be used with old commands for setting default values used by controls in the command, that's what those example shortcuts for Trim and Extrude are doing.

But that particular one you were trying was a customized command that altered the box3pts workflow a little bit for what Andreas was wanting to do. So for that to work at the moment you'd need to install the custom command.

It probably does make sense to incorporate an option for that behavior within the regular box commands too though, but that's not how the box commands are currently set up, because they don't currently try to look at any default values for width and height. They're expecting the width and height inputs to be changed just by moving the mouse around. They only grab width and height values from the controls if you type stuff directly in them.

Maybe I can tweak the new mechanism a little bit though - like if the control is marked as being non-persistent like the box width/height are, it should fire a UIEvent for that control (which will then trigger the script to get the values from them) rather than only setting the default. Maybe if I set that up then it would work with the regular existing box commands too.

- Michael