V4 beta Dec-12-2017 available now

8731.101 In reply to 8731.82 
Hi Metin, re: Wacom middle mouse button only works after an initial left click - I went and got the same model tablet over here and was able to reproduce the same problem. After digging into it, it appears to be a Wacom driver bug. I was able to also reproduce the same problem in a simplified separate test case project that just makes a window and displays what events it is receiving and it never receives any drag events if the first thing you do is middle click and drag, but it does get them (although actually with a wrong event type) if you do a left click before doing the middle button drag.

So I'm fairly sure that it's something that has to be fixed in the Wacom driver and not in MoI. I've sent in a bug report using their contact form with the minimal test case project code attached.

If you also want to send in a bug report to Wacom to increase the chance that it will reach someone who can fix it, send in the attached .zip file which contains the test case and the bug report can say:

----------------------------------

Subject: Missing or incorrect middle mouse drag events on Mac

Note minimal test case xcode project attached.

Bug #1 - if the first thing you do is try to middle click and drag inside the window, no drag events are sent, only otherMouseDown on press and otherMouseUp when released. Drag events for middle button dragging are only sent if you have done a left click at least once previously.

Bug #2 - when drag events for middle mouse drag are sent after having once done an left click, they are sent as mouseDragged (left button) events and not otherMouseDragged events.

Expected results - drag messages should be sent when the middle button is clicked and dragged same as left/right buttons without requiring an initial left click and they should be sent as otherMouseDragged events rather than mouseDragged events.

Test case is a minimal window/view that sets the window title text when it receives mouse events.

Tested on XCode Version 7.3.1 (7D1014), OS X El Capitan 10.11.4 (15E65)
Wacom Intuos Pro Medium size PTH660
Wacom driver version: 6.3.27-2
Wacom configuration - only setting changed from default is setting the upper barrel button to Middle Click.

Thanks, - Michael
Attachments: