project moi3d v4

7954.47 In reply to 7954.46 
Hi Michael,

> If you have an example model where it renders better with all quads that you can post with the different versions of it, I might be able to give some more details about what is happening in that particular case.

Thank you very much for your help!
As soon as possible i'will post some .3dm, obj and renderings to show you those particular cases.

But actually my problem is that it seems that i'running out of space with my forum account,
so i can post only very little things.

It could be possible to get some others MB of space ?

> "In fact, some times i apply a final sub-d step to my exported objects."
> That's sort of unusual for CAD models - usually CAD models are created with smoothing already set up by fillets, and by applying sub-d smoothing it will mutate the shape and things like exact spheres, cylinders, and fillets will not be exact anymore.

I know that it sounds like a strange workflow, but in my experiments i often create some Hard Surface things, export them in OBJ,
and finally play with them inside a SUBD software in order to transform some particular areas to get more organic shapes,
made by Hard Surface and Organic mixed together.
The very final step of these experiments is often importing all the stuff in 3D-Coat and made some final sculpt,
then Uving-Painting-Rendering, or Retopo-Uving-Painting-Rendering.

And i never send back these models to Moi anymore.

I hope I was clear... :)

Thanks!

- Marco (mkdm).